Having finally finalized the two briefs i and going to complete for Unit 7a & 7b the design process is in the works. Though i have left very little time to complete these units i believe i can accomplish my goals with the use a time management plan and gant charts. I have worked out that i have near enough two and a half weeks to complete each unit. I aim to work on my animating in class with the use of the Mac and do most of my sketchbook work in my own time.
Wish me luck :)
So this morning we had a Dragonframe recap with Stiobhart this is going to help so much with my upcoming roses competition! Made sure I took loads of notes so hopefully now I’ll now my way round Dragonframe a lot better when I start animating within the next two weeks.
Been working on my team brief again this afternoon trying to make my ‘scary’ zombie bear. Don’t know if this will be the final design yet, might redesign him but heres what he looks like so far.
Me brief does the background Suit the character providing it transforms into a werewolf
Today we had a lesson on using Illustrator which I’ve been looking forward to as I have no idea what I’m doing with this software! I found this lesson really useful and despite some early struggles, I was definitely getting more comfortable using Illustrator by the end of the session, although I’ve still got a lot to learn.
I caught up with the typography work this week, looking at the rule of thirds. I’ve looked at this very briefly before but I’ve always found it quite instinctive as images almost always look better like this than just plonked in the middle of a page. I came up with a batch of redesigns for a…
Time for some more ‘WiPs’ or ‘works in progress’.
I like that phrase. It neatly combines an impression of having had to be dragged kicking and screaming away from where you are straining to give birth to a work of monumental genius –with the removal of any expectation whatsoever on the part…
After missing a couple of days, I continued with my You brief animation. I used After Effects to export the frame by frame photographs to trace from for my rotoscope. The software is still completely new to me so I was quite pleased with myself that I worked out how to do this without too much bother! I then started tracing each frame in pencil. There’s just over 400 frames so this is going to take me a while!
Today I experimented with Dragonframe to work out how the beginning and close of my animation will work. The beginning will show my actual hand drawing outlines of hands before these come to life. The end will show my hand coming into frame to pick up the pencil then moving out of frame again….
I completed the longer version of my storyboard, including all of the transitions. After receiving feedback, I think it’s a strong idea overall but doesn’t work as well towards the end where the transitions aren’t as smooth. I’ve tried a few different ways of making the end work and think I’ve come up with a solution that should work so I added the new ending to the storyboard.
During the last session I have been animating my drawings using dragon stop-motion technique. I have managed to create 6 animations all together and my plan is to link them all up, in order to create my final animation. I have to think about my audio, which is almost ready,…